The ASA sponsors a variety of other prizes and awards
- The Bok Prize for outstanding research in astronomy by an Honours student.
- The Charlene Heisler Prize for the most outstanding PhD thesis in Astronomy or a closely related field.
- The Anne Green Prize for a significant advance or accomplishment by a mid-career scientist.
- The Louise Webster Prize for outstanding research by a scientist early in their post-doctoral career.
- The Peter McGregor Prize in recognition of exceptional achievement or innovation in astronomical instrumentation.
- The Ellery Lectureship for outstanding contributions in astronomy or related fields.
- The David Allen Prize for the best contribution, or series of contributions, published in the previous calendar year in widely accessible media which portrays an astronomical theme in an exciting and educative way.
- The Page Medal for excellence in amateur astronomy.
- Student Prizes
- The Pleiades Awards recognise organisations in Australian astronomy that take active steps to advance the careers of women through focused programs and strive for sustained improvement in providing opportunities for women to achieve positions of seniority, influence and recognition. The Pleiades Awards are bestowed by the ASA’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity in Astronomy (IDEA) Chapter.
Further information about the ASA’s various Prizes and Awards can be obtained from: