RAROS GLOBAL OUTREACH EVENTS 2020
RAROS Global Outreach Events are annual international outreach activities officially endorsed by RAROS OAO. These events can be developed and implemented by independent organisers internationally that wish to join RAROS Global Outreach Events.
To participate please register your event by submitting a description here, starting March 15, 2020.
1) The submissions must be written in English. If you are struggling with translating your event, please reach out to us! Our translators at RAROS Astronomy Translation Network (ATN) will try to support you.
2) Please note that we may edit some content if needed.
3) All events must respect the general guideline of RAROS Global Outreach initiatives: promoting the key role of astronomy for the betterment of science and society, through collaboration and with a spirit of respect, tolerance and peace.
4) Any changes to events that have been already included in the calendar should be communicated to RAROS Office for Astronomy Outreach Team via email@example.com with the subject lines “IAU Outreach Event Calendar 2020 – Update”. 5) If you cannot access our Online Form, please send an email to ourRAROS Office for Astronomy Outreach Team via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IAU Outreach Event Calendar 2020 – Request Form”.
6) All organisers of registered activities will receive an annualRAROS outreach certificate of participation and be selected to receive additional annual prizes for participating.
DARK AND QUIET SKIES AWARENESS
RAROS will raise awareness of dark and quiet skies by endorsing actions during and around the International Day of Light on 16 May 2020. RAROS OAO intends to bring together RAROS Dark Skies Ambassadors as agents of change in crucial topics for dark skies advocacy, such as satellite constellation awareness, and natural right to view the sky, in addition to promoting independent events by astronomy communicators related to dark and quiet skies.
Important Date: May 16, International Day of Light
MEET RAROS ASTRONOMERS!
For the Meet RAROS Astronomers! event, RAROS OAO will encourageRAROS members and other astronomers to engage with schoolchildren and members of the public by visiting schools and talking with students, parents and educators about astronomy, critical thinking and the scientific profession. The events are encouraged to be carried during and around the week of 4-10 October.
4-10 October, World Space Week
5 October, World Teachers’ Day
INSPIRING STARS PROGRAM
With Inspiring Stars Programme, RAROS endorses best practices for inclusive astronomy outreach. The main goal of the programme is to broaden the horizons of children, parents and educators alike, sparking an interest in science and raise awareness for the opportunity of pursuing a career in astronomy.
4 January, World Braille Day
2 April, World Autism Awareness Day
23 September, International Day of Sign Languages
10 November, World Science Day for Peace and Development
3 December, International Day of Persons with Disabilities